Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco's commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data- driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem. Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS' mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Architect, enhance, manage and support a highly available, distributed, cloud big data platform for Sysco Lab's enterprise business data. Develop and manage CI/CD solutions, integrations, reporting and analytics solutions.
- Architect, enhance and support highly scalable, hybrid enterprise data platform solutions with focus on big data infrastructure and enterprise data warehouses for reporting and analytics. Work towards alignment to the overall project objectives and technology strategy.
- Execute required infrastructure and DevOps functions and administration for platform related tools.
- Provide active "hands-on" architectural input through entire lifecycle of development projects.
- Research and maintain a knowledge of industry and marketplace evolution. Learn new data technologies and introduce them into the organization.
- Cross-train peers and mentor junior members of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years' experience of hands-on data system design and development in large-scale and complex environments.
- Experience with AWS Services and platform including but not limited to s3, lambda, redshift, EC2, EMR, ECS.
- Experience performing DevOps activities for managing infrastructure, CI/CD platform and containerized solutions.
- Experience with streaming architecture, cloud data storage and analytics offerings.
- Experience with data lifecycle management, data-tiering and data archiving.
- Experience with Python, SQL, Terraform/CloudFormation
- Experience with common data integration patterns and processes including: ETL, APIs, Messaging Bus, Pub-Sub, flat files.
- Recognized degree in computer science or certification in technical related field.
- 12 years' experience of hands-on data platform design and development in large-scale and complex environments.
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
At Sysco LABS you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.