Data Science & Analytics Product Manager at Fourth (Austin, TX)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:06 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, December 18, 2021
At Fourth, a Product Manager is responsible for the overall success of their solution (a set of related products).
Product Manager is a very broad role: from long-term product strategy to problem management and incorporating gaining market insight; proposition development; writing business cases; supporting Sales & Product Marketing; working with engineers, designers, and testers; and contributing to the resolution of issues. Some of these activities are shared with other people in the business but the Product Manager needs to have a joined-up and balanced view across all the different aspects of the solution.
Product Manager is a role at the very heart of the business that must balance the need to make money with what is technically possible, the demands of customers, and the impact on different parts of the organisation.
Within the next two to three years, the hospitality industry will depend on intelligence.
Our goal is to create a system that is able to learn, automate and improve the operations of a restaurant, enabling the restaurant manager to focus on guests. Data, data science and analytics are about to play a key role in this quest for automation and augmentation of restaurants’ operations.
The Data & Analytics Product Manager is responsible for product planning, delivery and marketing throughout the product lifecycle.
They are the product ambassador, evangelist, and ‘voice of the client’.
They will develop a data-led vision and roadmap for the product based on input from internal stakeholders, clients, customers, market research and their own industry insight.
They will work closely with Data Science, Analytics and other teams to deliver product(s) that align with this vision, meet market needs, delight clients and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard.
They will develop a diligent forecast for the product based on data from marketing, sales, market analysts and their own experience and manage its delivery.
They will identify, document and communicate the key benefits and value of products. This will be used to create and maintain marketing plans and collateral - including web updates, social media campaigns, industry events, product training materials and sales training.
· Be the recognized expert in the business on the product, the market, relevant technology and the competition; build external profile to mirror the same level of expertise and be the product spokesperson (conferences, social and traditional media, …)
· Define the product strategy and roadmap
· Manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
· Collect, manage and maintain traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases
· Write the business case for investments and gain internal approval
· Propose a product marketing plan and budget and then deliver against it
· Write Product Requirements and Market Requirements documents
· Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships where appropriate
· Develop core positioning and messaging for the product
· Perform product demos to customers and develop relationships in key B2B clients
· Lead the product team to ensure delivery of agreed objectives
· Set pricing
· Monitor, report and improve product performance
· Proactively manage and brief analysts and the media on product launches and all product enquiries
· Manage product iterations; run trials and MVPs, develop and deliver go-to-market launch plans
· Channel management and support
· Commission market and competitor research
· Powerfully promote the product to sales teams through sales training sessions, webinars, newsletters and other mechanisms
· Develop and deliver training to technical sales support
· Manage development and marketing projects to deliver to plan
· Collate feedback from sales and clients and be deliberate about using it for product improvement and customer excellence
· Represent the voice of the client in senior level management meetings
· Evangelize the product internally and externally
· Be recognized as a leader in the business and build relations with business stakeholders
· Regularly curate & deliver product data (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue and profit forecasts
· Be data-driven in decision making, strategy setting and pivoting from plan
Key Competencies & Characteristics/Behaviours
· Product Owner/Manager in a delivery-focused environment; preferably within software development
· Agile delivery environment; ideally with distributed delivery teams
· Domain knowledge is advantageous
Read Full Job Description