Data Science / Business Analyst Intern at Q2
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be a remote role.
- Ability to solve business problems by developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and/or statistical models
- Previous predictive analytics and segmentation experience in school or on the job
- Experience building web/mobile interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights
- Demonstrated ability to listen, quickly learn, innovate and drive insights from disparate data sets in a fluid environment
- Must be able to work independently and identify customer opportunities, trends and patterns
- Ability to prototype and transform ideas into actionable insights quickly
- Curiosity, ability to work under pressure, creativity, and positive “can do” attitude are a must
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while keeping a “team first” perspective
- Demonstrated ability in assimilating real-life experiences with objective data that accelerates learning and behavior
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Working on Masters Degree or advance degree program
- University or internship experience creating, analyzing, interpreting and presenting complex data and their conclusions
- Experience analyzing data using Python, SQL, or another programming language
- Skills in machine learning, data & text mining, advanced statistical analysis, model evolution, validation and testing
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases. SalesForce, Ticketing systems is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.