Data Science Engineer
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buyer with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
The Data Science Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The Date Science Engineer will consider optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. The Data Science Engineer should have the drive and ability to meet with relevant stakeholders, understand and model relevant data, and effectively communicate with an engineering team to put models into production. Demonstrating lifelong learning and collaboration; and willingness to take advice and fill gaps in knowledge is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Engineering, Product and Data and teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
What We Like To See / Measures of Success:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or other quantitative field or a B.A./B.S. with 3+ years professional or research experience
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with Python
- Expert in AWS technologies
- End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to solve a problem
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Read Full Job Description