Data Science Manager - Healthline at Red Ventures (Remote)
We do not have any new Data Science Manager roles immediately available, but we are always eager to speak with prospective candidates and encourage you to apply. However, please note that our hiring process is currently operating at a slower pace than usual.
As a Data Science Manager for Healthline, a Red Ventures Company, you will enable your team to solve business problems by using advanced machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization techniques and turning them into real world solutions for decision making online or offline. You will act as a player-coach to solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities. You will see your contributions make a material impact to a business’s bottom line
What You'll Do:
- Lead a small data science team by defining technology strategy, creating and managing a project portfolio, tracking data science KPIs and driving daily execution to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate effectively with other functions to set team priorities, influence work approaches and solve operational/organization challenges.
- You will be a key contributor of the overall technology and organizational strategy for the data science function across the Red Ventures organization.
- Act as a player-coach to understand business strategy and identify innovative data science opportunities that can lead to significant business impact.
- Develop a team of varied levels of seniority and expertise through direct leadership, training, and feedback.
- Drive projects forwards with high efficiency and effectiveness.
- Foresee technical, business and execution risks in projects and strategically make decisions to mitigate them.
- Bring relevant state-of-the-art data science technologies to the team and lead by example to establish best practices
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience with a MS or PhD degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization.
- 2+ years of relevant experience managing a team of data scientists.
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly when there is ambiguity involved.
- Capable of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success.
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Hands on experience with each part of the data science toolkit, including statistical analyses, hypothesis testing, and data cleaning/feature engineering.
- Experience building predictive models inside a statistical computing environment (e.g., R, Python, Sklearn, SPSS, Matlab, Octave)
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python, C/C++
- Experience with distributed computing: Hive/Hadoop, Spark
- Proficiency in deploying data science solutions in a live, production environment, especially in near real-time settings (ex: models embedded into a REST API)
- Knowledge and experience in digital marketing and e-commerce a plus
- COVID-19 Update:
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
- "Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements."
- Starting Salary: $150,000 - $240,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
- Starting Salary: $150,000 - $240,000
A Red Ventures Brand:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]