Data Science Manager
You're looking for a role where you can drive decisions, be challenged and make an impact. You want to mentor smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You thrive in an environment based on autonomy and trust, and you’re excited to lead and mentor a team. If this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
New Knowledge is a fast-growing technology company on a mission to defend public discourse. We use AI and machine learning to protect brands from disinformation attacks and are revolutionizing the way communities, companies, and industries respond to the spread of disinformation. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We're looking for a Data Science Manager with 7 or more years of experience. This role will be based out of our Austin office, will report to the CEO, and will lead a team of data scientists, research scientists, and machine learning engineers.
What You’ll Do:
This role will be responsible for how the company manages to do good science on a deadline. You'll establish a unique culture for the data science team, along with the communications structures and processes required for data science to repeatably and reliably improve our product.
Projects you’ll own include formalizing and implementing a research, test, and deployment workflow for new model development; formalizing the relationship between the data science, data infrastructure, and product engineering teams; and developing a six month research and development roadmap.
What You Have:
- Experience with the end-to-end data science workflow, from problem definition, to model development, to deployment
- Experience managing a team of two or more data scientists
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams
- Experience reporting to business stakeholders
What You’ll Get:
- Chance to do purpose-driven work with smart, enthusiastic people
- Competitive salary and healthcare
- 401(k) with a 4% company match
- A leadership team that trusts and embraces technology
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and Topo Chico
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly team-wide events like Alamo Drafthouse movie screenings, escape rooms, and stand up paddleboarding
- Many more benefits … apply and find out!