Data Science Platform Developer
Iodine Software equips healthcare teams with the most innovative tools to quickly identify and prioritize discrepancies in their clinical documentation. By leveraging new technologies like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing, our platform can both predict the underlying health conditions affecting patients and interpret the existing clinical documentation to identify gaps, ambiguities and inaccuracies, in turn positively influencing team performance and patient outcomes.
Iodine thrives on innovation. We are looking for a Data Science Platform Developer that will help us build out the platform that supports the training and application of our predictive models and performs deep analysis to extract machine consumable meaning from unstructured clinical documentation. You will be joining a small team that has become one of the top players in our field in just two years. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. You will be accessing our enormous amount of data to help drive our future innovation.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the rest of the Data Science team to implement groundbreaking models based on large amounts of data
- Build tools and frameworks to develop and enhance our predictive model suite and scalably support real-time predictions in production
- Expand our NLP pipeline with new types of analysis to increase the sophistication of our understanding of human text
- Design and implement highly performing and highly scalable Java applications
- Work with other team members to develop a complete and integrated solution; and deliver quality software and required documentation on time
- Understand and comply with development standards to ensure consistency across the larger development team
- Conduct in-depth technical and performance analyses in support of production issue troubleshooting
- Monitor and maintain production systems
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 2+ years of professional experience writing Java code
- Familiarity with Groovy, Grails, Spring, REST API design, ClearNLP, H2O, DeepLearning4J, OpenAI, TensorFlow, cTAKES, CoreNLP, SyntaxNet and the Stanford NLP toolkit is a plus
- Proficiency with SQL
- Comfort working in a Linux environment
- Passion for exploring, applying and following the evolution of cutting edge technologies related to AI, machine learning, NLP and large scale data processing
- Demonstrated expertise in successful large project/build management and execution
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and efficiently
- Team player DNA with a desire to solve for the interests of our internal clients and of our business
- Positive, self-starter attitude with desire to exceed expectations and ability to work extended hours when necessary
- Attention to detail, highly organized, with an absolute focus on quality of work
What You’ll Get:
This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit, rapidly growing team and help us scale our data science and engineering team. You will be working on the latest technologies that are pushing the boundaries of our industry and impacting the way medical teams leverage technology to predict health conditions in patients. You will have a direct voice on how to innovate our product and change the face of healthcare. We are making significant investments in our data science team, so you want to get in on the ground floor!
You must be currently authorized to work full-time in the United States on a permanent basis.