Data Scientist - Natural Language Processing
Do you love data, science, technology & coding? How about vacations? Want to work with a company where data, science and vacations swipe right? Like to work with a team that drives a world-class experience for millions of people taking vacations by connecting them with millions of vacation rental properties? Passionate about learning to build and ship complex models to solve relevance and personalization problems?If so, then HomeAway has a Data Scientist role for you and would like to talk to you!
As a NLP Data Scientist at HomeAway – you’ll work with an amazing group of Data Scientists who play a major role in how we architect, visualize, and interpret critical data that is at the very core of our business.
Day-to-Day responsibilities include:
- Work on a data science team tackling real business issues
- Provide data-driven and machine learning solutions affecting our vacation rental platform
- Help to lead our Natural Language Processing projects
- Work with Engineering teams to deploy your solutions into a production environment
- Articulate storytelling to business & product stakeholders
- Share knowledge and insights with the Data Science team
Who You Are:
- BS, MS, or PhD in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Physics
- Experience with programming languages such as R, Python, and Scala
- Strong background in Natural Language Processing
- Familiarity with various Machine learning models.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Deep Learning experience a plus.
- Familiarity with various Databases, Data Storage, and HDFS.
- Background in Data Engineering and/or Data Analysis a plus
- Good storytelling and presentation skills
- To understand the mission of HomeAway watch our ad by Prince EA, Working to Live or Living to Work, on our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRldP18bH8!
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.