Data Scientist at AffiniPay (Austin, TX)
Do you “love” data? Does working with data and finding the nuance that leads to key differentiation for the business and our customers excite you?
This is your opportunity to be a key member of AffiniPay’s Finance Data team which is essential in enabling and improving our evidence-based decision-making.
The ideal candidate will have experience in analyzing large end-to-end data sets, arriving at data-based insights, and formulating meaningful recommendations.
This role answers challenging analytical questions and highlights insights about customers and behaviors.Your day-to-day:
- Develop and maintain sophisticated reporting, dashboards, and other BI solutions for customer data, KPIs, and other metrics.
- Automate recurring analyses and build analytics ETL Frameworks using SQL/R/Python, always ensuring data integrity.
- Consolidate and summarize data in useful formats to support data-driven recommendations and business decision-making by the executive management.
- Extract impactful insights, discover patterns, anomalies and trends from multiple, large databases.
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to gather, exchange data and communicate the findings as needed.
- Develop new predictive analytic models using Python, R and or other sophisticated techniques.
- Willingness to go beyond libraries and packages and get deep into the algorithms to innovate and improve data models.
- Ability to craft and implement effective testing and operational strategies for data collection, management, manipulation, machine learning, statistical analysis.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a data role and are passionate about working with large and sophisticated datasets
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- You have excellent skills and experience coding in Advanced Python, R and/or SQL.
- You have experience with AWS technologies like SageMaker, Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline etc.
- You’re a highly motivated person with a proven track record for going above and beyond.
- You enjoy working with an outstanding team in a fantastic culture.
- You have a proven capability to manipulate and analyze complex raw data from various sources.
- You have expertise with data visualization tools like Domo, Knime, Power BI, Tableau, or equivalent applications.
- You have experience with data modeling, applied statistical modeling and sophisticated analytic techniques.
- You have the ability to work on multiple projects, develop and deploy solutions within a multifaceted environment.
- You’re a problem solver, collaborative and have a can-do demeanor
- You have a willingness to learn new systems and skills on the job.
- You have a keen attention to detail.
- If you have a FinTech background, it’s a huge plus.
Open PTO plan (paid time off)
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
Competitive bonus plan with anniversary rate step-up
Company equity option plan
Hybrid work environment with remote work set-up
Paid parental leave
$1,000 annual charitable contribution match
AffiniSwag! (think fun branded merch)
Fun company events - in person/remote and everything in between
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to be a vital team member of one of Austin's fastest-growing companies and ABJ Best Places to Work!
AffiniPay is the market leader in professional services technology serving legal, accounting, architectural, engineering and construction firms. AffiniPay has been recognized as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies for 10 years in a row.AffiniPay recently announced the acquisition of MyCase, a leading provider of Law Practice Management (‘LPM’) software. As one company and one team, AffiniPay will be able to more holistically serve our customers, to innovate faster across FinTech and LPM software, and to win in our core market. With this exciting merger, we’re bringing together the best online payment solution with the best legal practice management software, further advancing our ability to transform lives through game-changing technology. We are now the largest legal tech company in the industry and the only firm with world-class vertical-specific payments and LPM.
AffiniLIFE (Learning and Inclusion For Everyone) is focused on Awareness, Community, Transparency, Diversity and Inclusion. We recognize that innovation occurs with a strong team of people who are diverse in background, personality, talent and ideas. We are committed to creating a welcoming and transparent environment for all that embraces those differences through education, equal access to opportunities and information, inclusionary programs, and community outreach. It’s not just AffiniPay, it’s AffiniLIFE!