Acrisure Technology Group (ATG) is a fast paced, AI and data science driven team building innovative software to disrupt the $6T+ insurance industry. Our mission is to help the world share its risk more intelligently to power a more vibrant economy. To do this, we are transforming insurance distribution and underwriting into a science.
At the core of our operating model is our technology: we’re building an AI driven digital marketplace for risk and applying it at the center of Acrisure, a privately held company recognized as one of the world's top 10 insurance brokerages and the fastest growing insurance brokerage globally. By leveraging technology to push the boundaries of understanding and transferring risk, we are systematically converting data into predictions, insights, and choices that drive the insurance industry forward.
We are a growing team of AI Engineers and Data Scientists, teamed up with seasoned industry expertise. We are taking an aggressive approach to leverage AI to disrupt all aspects of the insurance industry for the benefit of our customers and society, but there are many problems left to solve. We have a long term strategy and dedicate time weekly to explore datasets and think about areas for future impact, asking ourselves “what else can we do?”
As a Data Scientist, you will research, develop, and deploy AI and Data Science solutions to support our mission. You will dive deep into datasets and use your expertise to build models that add value to our business and industry. We believe in starting with the simplest viable solution and iterating as needed, measuring progress and value added along the way. If this sounds like something you’d like to do, come help us to turn our vision into reality!Here are some of the ways in which you’ll achieve impact:
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from product, engineering, strategy and operations to run experiments, develop and deploy models at scale that solve real business problems
- Proactively perform data exploration on a diverse range of user generated and third party datasets, and utilize that data to conduct experiments aimed at solving complex problems
- Solve problems across a variety of domains, including risk modeling, business optimization and algorithmic marketing
- Advocate for and identify creative implementations to optimize business impact
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the organization, and participate in rigorous model reviews with the AI and Data Science team
- Identify, adopt, and evangelize best practices, helping shape the team as we grow
- Measure the effectiveness of new models, find and address performance issues, and drive continuous improvement
- Possess empathy, kindness towards others, a positive attitude, and self-awareness
- Are entrepreneurial and action-biased; self-directed and excited to build something from scratch in a fast-paced, experimentation-driven environment, taking a scientific and data-driven approach to solving problems
- Have experience developing quantitative models and deploying them into production, especially if you have experience in a Python based model development stack
- Possess exceptional knowledge of ML/AI (regression, classification, clustering, and unsupervised learning), applied probability and statistics, mathematical optimization, and software engineering principles
- Have excellent communication/presentation skills, with a knack for distilling complex quantitative results into compelling visualizations and stories with data
- Are product and customer-focused
- Are excited about the opportunity to use data and AI to transform the insurance industry
- Bring a unique, non-traditional perspective to enhance our team’s problem solving abilities
- Are willing and able to work from the headquarters in Austin, Texas
We don’t expect that any single candidate will have expertise across all of these areas. But if you are a solid data scientist and eager to work on data or insurance-related platforms/products, we are eager to talk to you.