Data Scientist* at Bluevine (Austin, TX)
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us!
BlueVine is looking for an exceptional Data Scientist to join our Austin office. The ideal candidate is a data enthusiast with a proven track record of solving complex data-related problems, using advanced statistical and machine learning tools, in a real-world product development setting. Candidates should demonstrate strong statistical, mathematical and technical skills, with proven capabilities to transition ideas into fully working projects. In addition, the candidate needs to have a creative and out of the box mindset, in order to examine our current processes and help us reach the next level of Data Science.
- Research and develop Statistical, Data Science and ML Models to enable data driven decision making for stakeholders
- Support DS initiatives that include data gathering, requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Work closely with Senior Data Scientists to support End to End ML projects
- Work on multiple DS projects at a given time while meeting deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Undergraduate Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of work experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer or Data Analyst
- Experience developing in a Python Data Science Environment, including experience working with Pandas and other DS Libraries.
- Experience working with Relational Databases and writing optimized SQL queries
- Strong Foundation in Data Science, Statistics and Machine Learning
- Professional and/or Academic experience working with Machine Learning and Data Science Projects
- A willingness to to learn, and grow your Machine Learning skills
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative field
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining Airflow DAGS
- Experience in the AWS Ecosystem
- Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow and Scikit-Learn
- Domain level experience in Banking, Finance and Marketing
- Theoretical and Practical experience developing and deploying ML models, running experiments, and measuring impact
DECISION MAKING AND INFLUENCE:
- Experience working cross-functionally with Data Eng, MLOPS, Analytics, Business and Product partners
- Experience communicating technical concepts and findings to a non-technical audience