Come work at Smarter Sorting!
Smarter Sorting helps companies maximize the salvation of unwanted items.
We utilize machine learning and artificial intelligence to create the best decision path for unsalable products. At least 1 in 10 products retailers sell are returned, unsold or damaged. With a lack of standardized data, retailers are unable to properly classify these products and end up spending millions. These products are disposed of instead of being donated and used for their intended purpose.
Our Point of Reversal Decision Engine helps find end-markets for these unsaleable items, stops tons of hazardous waste from being incinerated into our atmosphere, and saves our partners lots of money by increasing reuse and automating compliance.
The Smarter Sorting team is made up of top-notch talent who are dedicated to our mission of reducing unnecessary waste. We're determined to build world-class tech that transforms the chemical waste management industry, speeding our advancement towards a zero-waste future. Join us!
Smarter Sorting is looking for a Data Scientist who has a deep understanding of R or Python and machine learning models. This person will take ownership of the two types of machine learning models: logistic regression and neural networks. Their goal is to work with our Data team to understand these models and update existing ones so that our customers can properly classify chemical-containing products. Taking the lead in understanding these machine learning models will help ensure our customers have the best classification engine and data at their fingertips. Success in this role will involve being able to understand how the data maps to regulatory requirements and real-world applications.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Research and Development into machine learning techniques for auto-classification
- Creation of machine learning models for probabilistic classification analysis
- Create and build upon systems to normalize data
- Maintain existing models and classifiers
- Python development
- Data Engineering of critical classification facets
- Coordination and cooperation with other data scientists and subject matter experts
Your Experience + Skills:
- BA/BS in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related degree
- Master’s or Ph.D. in a related field is a plus
- 2+ years of building machine learning models in a professional environment
- 1+ years of experience working in a software company
- Startup experience is a plus
- Experience programming in Python or R (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of regression and classification modeling techniques
Your 1st month:
- Learn everything there is to know about our software products
- Ramp up on our industry
- Review existing models
- Fully understand our data science methodologies
Your first 3 months:
- Author and develop multiple predictive models
- Actively contribute to our Automated Classification Engine project
- Successfully integrate with the team
Your first 6 months:
- Develop new machine learning techniques that actively solve our business problems
- Own a significant portion of the functionality of our Automated Classification Engine project
- Actively contribute ideas to our product roadmap
Lastly, About Our Benefits & Perks
Smarter Sorting offers
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-Medical, dental & vision insurance
-Short-term disability insurance
-Continuing Education & Lunch N Learns
-Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
-Snacks, drinks, lunches and dinners
Read Full Job Description