You're looking for an adventure where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and help build the next generation of machine learning tools for detecting malicious and inauthentic behavior online. You want to collaborate with people that creatively solve problems, make decisions with conviction and nerd out about the internet. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to help our clients understand the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way companies and industries make sense of disinformation, echo chambers, and filter bubbles. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Lux Capital.
We're looking for a Data Scientist with 3 or more years of experience in a STEM field collaborating with teams of researchers and engineers and over a year of experience building and deploying machine learning software. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the Data Science Manager.
What You’ll Do:
We’re building the next generation of machine learning tools for detecting malicious and inauthentic behavior online. Day-to-day you’ll work with a small, but rapidly growing team of researchers and data scientists to envision new solutions for protecting the integrity of online discourse and information. You'll collaborate with an international group of researchers and engineers at labs and universities all over the world to build scalable systems that brings those solutions life.
Our Current Tech Stack:
Our team currently uses a broad and evolving Python Machine Learning stack.
What You Have:
- 3+ years in a STEM field collaborating with teams of researchers and engineers
- Well-rounded knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and experimental design
- Familiarity with state of the art ML research
- Experience with a Python machine learning stack (e.g. tensorflow/keras, sklearn, pandas)
- 1+ years experience building and deploying machine learning software
- Comfort wrangling and exploring real-world data
- Skills to communicate challenging technical problems to a non-technical audience
- Desire to collaborate with academics to develop novel machine learning tools
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a fast-paced, complex business
- Comfortable with an Agile development process
- Experience with data visualization, interpretability, and exploratory analysis
- Interest in fairness, accountability, and ethics in data science
- Experience building scalable software products and data pipelines
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly social events
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!