Data Scientist at Medici
Medici is a mobile healthcare platform that empowers doctors to communicate securely and efficiently with their patients – saving time and money while providing quality care. We are making a telemedicine experience that is truly effortless and accessible.
Medici is secure and compliant technology that allows doctors to deliver care via chat, audio, and video, accept payment, e-prescribe, and much more. We have a vision to change the way doctors and patients interact and improve how healthcare is delivered. We are a global and rapidly growing startup focused on building a culture of innovation, collaboration and leadership in healthcare tech.
Medici is an equal opportunity employer.
About This Role
As a Data Scientist you will collect, clean, and transform data as part of the Medici Data Team. We are building incredible production features that improve healthcare for doctors and patients.
As a member of our Data Team, you’ll be central to our most innovative projects. Your experience dealing with large amounts of data, writing programs and scripts, and providing insights to other members of the team will be highly valued.
What You’ll Do
- Create reports that bring multiple data sources together and provide insight to stakeholders. For example, a report that shows the top 20 most common specialties based on public NPPES practitioner data
- Write programs to parse public data files and transform them into knowledge graphs
- Write scripts to auto-generate human-readable labels from structured data
- Write programs that identify data anomalies in structured data
- Work with and run programs over, large amounts of data, such as csv files containing millions of records
What You'll Bring
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you can bring all or most of these abilities:
- Great communication skills -- you can explain the most complex and technical topics to non-technical stakeholders
- Amazing team skills -- you roll up your sleeves and help your team get things done
- Fluent with Unix/Linux shell and tools
- Strong Python and SQL skills
- Comfortable with HTTP/RESTful web services -- for example you can install a simple web service locally and interact with it via a service like Postman or directly from a Linux shell
- Expert at finding and pulling data from external sources, and finding ways to combine them
- Ability to work with data that is messy or unstructured