Data Scientist at Arrive Logistics
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry as well as Arrive’s core business functions and processes.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to identify analytical needs and document requirements.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering departments to support the company’s technology roadmap.
- Identify patterns in large data sets and develop machine learning and statistical models to automate everyday decision-making and generate insights.
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle data for use in predictive and prescriptive statistical modeling.
- Support the design and development of new data and data structures to facilitate analytical capabilities.
- Visualize and communicate results to key business stakeholders based on analysis.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology trends and conduct product evaluations
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business and 7+ Years of experience in Data Science, Business Intelligence, or Data Analysis, OR Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
- Experience delivering analytics solutions using Python, R or Scala and pulling valuable data out of huge relational databases.
- Solid knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques like regression, decision trees, and clustering.
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience thriving within an agile environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure tools and technologies.
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry a major plus
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!