Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and stuck in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong, and we believe there is a better way. We are building the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi- trillion dollar opportunity.
Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chains by combining transportation management, visibility, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform and RestfulAPI that scales as you grow. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 25 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.Our Culture
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!Data Scientist
Data Scientists at Shipwell proactively design and deploy algorithms and analytics features on our state-of-the-art platform. This involves collaborating with Product, Engineering, and Operations teams to discover product improvement opportunities and to proactively drive features through development to customer adoption. The mission is to underpin operational decisions made at each stage of the supply chain with data-driven insights.What you'll do when you get here:
- Analyze client proprietary and public domain datasets leveraging advanced analytics and statistics to work on scheduling and network optimization, macroeconomic forecasting, pricing, vehicle routing, and resource matching
- Source, clean, and process a diverse set of data streams
- Identify and understand business needs and contextualize analysis results to drive impact for the organization as a whole
- Dynamically collaborate with operations and product teams to discover product improvement opportunities, develop data-driven solutions, and distill algorithm performance into trackable business impact
- Provide consulting services on both internal and external analytic questions
- MS / PhD in data science, operations research, statistics, mathematics, physical science, computer science, engineering, or other technical discipline
- 3 - 7+ years of applied work experience, preferably in a non-academic setting
- Expert knowledge in a mathematical programming language, preferably Python, MATLAB, R
- Experience designing and implementing supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms
- Ability to communicate complex findings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Facility to translate business requirements and high-level ideas into well-defined problems
- Competency with ETL processes for manipulating data sets
- Familiarity with API integrations
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!