“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
Data Scientists at Bright work with teams across the organization to design and build data-driven solutions. Bright Data Scientists will use advanced analytics to enhance Bright’s health intelligence platform: improving member health, increasing affordability, and making care simpler and more personal. Examples of DS initiatives include:
· Building predictive models for early identification and population stratification
· Optimizing targeting for clinical programs
· Developing metrics for measuring healthcare quality, outcomes, and network performance
Though individual contributors, Data Scientists must have strong leadership capabilities and experience working in a matrixed environment, with the ability to drive successful development of analytics that support multiple needs throughout a complex and growing organization.
- Build, maintain, monitor, and improve machine learning (ML) models to solve business problems
- Collaborate with technology teams (e.g. Data Engineering) to deploy solutions into production environments
- Operate in an evolving data environment with a mixture of stable/traditional and new/nontraditional data sources
- Work with business stakeholders and members of Product team to identify and evaluate data science opportunities and develop project plans
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Four (4)+ years of progressive data analytics experience
- Highly proficient in transforming data with SQL
- Must have experience with either Python or R
- Deep understanding of predictive modeling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
- Highly proficient in building machine learning models with Python (NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn)
- Highly proficient in using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze datasets
- Must have experience working with healthcare data, specifically medical and pharmacy claims
- Experience building models with deep learning libraries (Tensorflow, Pytorch)
- Experience transforming large datasets with Spark (PySpark, Scala)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI)
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.