Data Scientist at Q2 (Austin, TX or Remote)
The Data Science team at Q2 is responsible for creating value for our customers from the large, unique dataset at our disposal. We combine data from a variety of sources to build revenue generating data products that help our customers compete in the marketplace. We also continue to develop our existing product offerings, including several for the PrecisionLender platform:
- Portfolio Insights
- Market Insights
- Data Studio and Data Library
As a Data Scientist on the team, you will work on challenging problems and own projects from end-to-end, including: problem definition and requirement refinement, exploration, prototyping, model development, data pipelining, front-end interaction, testing, monitoring, gathering feedback from customers, and bug fixes. In addition, there is opportunity to demonstrate technical leadership, helping to build architecture and improve tooling and processes for the team.
You are more likely to excel in the role if you:
- Enjoy autonomy in your work and feel a sense of ownership in the team’s goals. You work quickly but with the big picture in mind.
- Have empathy for the end user and a desire to measure your work by both the customer value and technical quality.
- Have enthusiasm for the field and professional development.
- 2+ years of experience in a related quantitative field
- Proficient in Python
- Version Control with Git
- Experience writing unit tests
- Machine Learning (algorithms, packages)
- Spark (PySpark)
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualization packages (matplotlib, plotly, bokeh, etc.)
- Agile methodologies
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.