At Modernize (a QuinStreet division) our mission is to simplify home improvement by inspiring motivated homeowners and connecting them with qualified contractors. Our foundation is based on 10 years as a driving force as Home Improvement Leads in online lead generation – connecting homeowners with high–quality contractors – in the $300 billion annually grossing home improvement market. We’re working hard on a new brand and new products to cater to homeowners and the most successful contractors in the industry.
We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team. Teammates who enjoy using technology to solve problems will thrive in our dynamic startup environment. We have an open floor plan that encourages the entire team to participate in critical discussions and allows everyone to be a vital contributing factor. You’ll enjoy our hip, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown with a view of the capital and the downtown skyline.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We’re looking for exceptional mind to lead the Automation, Integration, and Optimization (AIO) initiatives for Modernize Home Services (a division of QuinStreet). This role will play a key part in designing systems to improve the yield of digital marketing efforts and numerous other key projects to enhance the efficiency and profitability of the network using advanced machine learning principals and statistical models. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing division of the company. This position will report to the Vice President of Modernize Business Operations.
- Use your expertise in machine learning and statistical learning techniques such as classification and regression to produce models applicable to pricing and targeting.
- Apply mathematical optimization techniques to solve network problems.
- Experiment and build models that improve the capabilities of our marketing platform and allow for increases in yield.
- Work with our Engineering and Business teams to implement scalable, reliable and useful solutions for our various business units.
- Run numerous experiments in a fast-paced, analytical culture so you can quickly learn and adapt your work.
- Get the satisfaction of knowing that you helped connect millions of visitors to our affiliates and internal properties to the products and services they are searching for.
- MS or PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science (Machine Learning), Physics, Statistics or Applied Math
- Deep experience in applied machine learning, statistical learning, mathematical optimization and scalable computing
- Be able to create and use advance machine learning algorithms and statistics such as regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with both supervised and unsupervised learning on large datasets
- Succeed as an individual but to collaborate and strive for the success of your team
- Strong sense of ownership in everything you build
- Experience with software development is a plus
Modernize (a QuinStreet division) is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.