Data Scientist at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
- Build, maintain, monitor, and improve machine learning (ML) models to solve business problems
- Collaborate with technology teams (e.g. Data Engineering) to deploy solutions into production environments
- Operate in an evolving data environment with a mixture of stable/traditional and new/nontraditional data sources
- Work with business stakeholders and members of Product team to identify and evaluate data science opportunities and develop project plans
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Four (4)+ years of progressive data analytics experience
- Highly proficient in transforming data with SQL
- Must have experience with either Python or R
- Deep understanding of predictive modeling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
- Highly proficient in building machine learning models with Python (NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn)
- Highly proficient in using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze datasets
- Must have experience working with healthcare data, specifically medical and pharmacy claims
- Experience building models with deep learning libraries (Tensorflow, Pytorch)
- Experience transforming large datasets with Spark (PySpark, Scala)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI)
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.