About the job
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
You’ll be a part of the team that will be building the next generation of credit risk modeling at Self. This senior role includes building models, implementing, and interpreting the results.
- Develops advanced analytics solutions including customer segmentation, optimization, test & design of experiments, and prescriptive analytics to solve business problems. Operates as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis, test and design of experiment, analysis methodology, modeling & application, and financial impact analysis.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulated and completed an end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables, and presentations. Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunities, form hypotheses, propose, design and implement tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization.
- Manages multiple priorities, communicates business performance and project progress to management & business partners.
- Develops and automates reports, iteratively builds and prototypes dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs. Facilitates implementation of work product and ensures accuracy.
- Consistently follows standard work processes and documentation requirements. Recommends improvement to work processes to increase efficiency while maintaining a quality of work. Continuously improves technical and leadership skills through training and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling/Data Science, or related field
- Master’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling/Data Science, or related field
- Experience with network pricing and analytics in financial services, card, or payments environments.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.