Data Warehouse and BI Developer at SailPoint
The role of the Data Warehouse and BI Developer is to help build and scale the company’s data warehouse and business intelligence capabilities in an exciting, fast-paced environment at one of the highest rated companies to work for in Austin. This role will develop iPaaS integrations, ETL jobs and BI models and visualizations as part of SailPoint’s new IT Data Services Team. Additionally, the Data Warehouse and BI Developer will assist in administering the Data Warehouse, iPaaS environment and BI tools. This role requires an individual with the ability to self-teach, rapidly acquire new technologies, and troubleshoot in complex and ambiguous environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and test iPaaS integrations based off technical specifications and stakeholder requirements. Identify available integration options and verify available APIs can support business stakeholder requirements. Follow best practices, security policies and meet audit requirements. Control versioning and ensure complete documentation of integration.
- Write and maintain ETL/ELT jobs and BI-supporting SQL scripts to ensure high-availability of analytics and visualization supporting data. Troubleshoot and develop other SQL jobs as required.
- Develop and deliver visualizations using common BI/visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI. Tune visualization performance and provide consulting to consuming business groups as needed.
- Administrate Data Warehouse, iPaaS, and BI/Visualization tools. Troubleshoot user issues and work with vendor support to resolve application bugs and problems.
- Articulate progress, issues, and updates to management, architects, project managers, and stakeholders. Keep Jira project board up to date.
- Provide education and training for service-oriented and API driven integration technologies and patterns to business units as required.
- Document ELT data/field mappings, data dictionaries, processes, programs and solutions per established standards for data governance.
- Bachelor’s degree, CS, IS, or BIS preferred (or equivalent industry experience) - New Grads with a Computer Science degree are encouraged to apply!
- Ability to write and tune SQL required, familiarity w/Java is necessary and Python a plus.
- Familiarity with Tableau or Power BI preferred. Knowledge of other specific BI tools is not necessary, but ability to rapidly acquire new tools is.
- Must be able to develop process and data models.
- Must be proficient in at least one of the following database technologies: Redshift, Snowflake, Big Query, Teradata, Netezza, DB2, Oracle, Exadata, SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Ability to build technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using available data warehouse and iPaaS tools.
- Experience with APIs (REST, SOAP), Webservices, or SCIM connectors using Python, Java, etc. preferred.
- Good communication skills with the ability to gather stakeholder requirements and coordinate regularly with business partners to deliver solutions.
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to cooperate well with others, provide support outside of specific job parameters, and drive towards solutions without constant guidance and input.
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.