Data Warehouse Architect
The role of the Data Warehouse/ETL/iPaaS Architect is to lead the technical design and implementation of our data warehouse and iPaaS solution. The role is one of technical leadership, with final responsibility for solution delivery. Responsible for the overall security, governance, operations, management, and strategy of the iPaaS (middleware) and data warehouse ecosystems. Will manage the end-to-end Data Warehouse, iPaaS and associated system infrastructure. This role will ensure that existing systems are securely managed and governed in the short term while helping to develop the longer-term enterprise data strategy and architecture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Director of Enterprise Systems in program and project planning. Determine the information and product architecture and deliver detailed system design. Provide technical leadership for the development of master data management methodologies, data models, data movement architectures and data delivery mechanisms.
- Work with the Business Lead(s) to create methodologies and approaches to reflect changes in the data management technology landscape.
- Support consultant/partner management with assistance in proposal development by being a significant contributor to the technical components of the proposal – solution design, approach, time and effort estimation.
- Ensure that the project deliverables operate as per specifications and meets business user SLAs.
- Develop complex ETL/ELT and iPaaS components and be able to guide overall performance tuning of delivered solutions.
- Perform or support project management including development and management of project plans, status reports and overall business user interaction, as necessary.
- Responsible for strategy and general design of integrations across internal systems and external business transactions, including both the design of shared integration infrastructure and the implementation of projects which use it.
- Support the architecture design and delivery of global system platforms for application and data integration.
- Provide education and training for service-oriented and API driven integration technologies and patterns to business units.
- Work with project teams across SailPoint to define project-level integration architecture and designs.
- Review architecture and technology involved with integration components of larger projects.
- Develop prototypes for new integration projects.
- Support a cloud platform ELT and data warehouse strategy and establish architectural approaches that incorporate modernizing data governance, metadata management and data quality.
- Responsible for documenting ELT data/field mappings, data dictionaries, processes, programs and solutions per established standards for data governance.
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Five years of experience in the development of data management, data warehouse, decision support or executive information systems.
- Must have experience in the development of process and data models.
- Must have a good understanding of Dimensional Modeling and ER-Modeling. Prior experience with industry models is preferred (IBM, Oracle, SAP or Teradata).
- Must be extremely proficient in at least one of the following database technologies: Teradata, Netezza, DB2, Oracle, Exadata, SQL Server, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift, Vertica, Presto or similar technologies.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following ETL technologies. (IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Informatica, Mulesoft, etc.)
- Ability to build technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using open source, Snowflake/Big Query, or other big data frameworks and services.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate interaction between consulting partners, business owners and the Enterprise Systems team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships required.
- Experienced in iterative and/or agile development methodology required.
Additional Preferred Requirements
- Graduate Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar fields.
- Experience with cloud BI solutions (Domo, Tableau, Power BI, MS Dynamics or other BI technology solutions).
- Have a functional understanding of extracting data from at least one ERP system (Netsuite, Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, etc) or CRM system (Salesforce.com, Zoho, etc).
- Experience integrating cloud applications via APIs (REST, SOAP), Webservices or SCIM connectors with Python, Java, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.