Director of Analyst Relations at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
LogicMonitor is seeking an experienced and strategic Director of Analyst Relations to expand and uplevel its existing Analyst Relations program. Due to rapid growth and continued investments in R&D, LogicMonitor’s product offerings have recently expanded beyond its foundational ITIM platform to include AIOps capabilities, Logs, Cloud & Kubernetes, and APM. The scope and importance of AR within the company now also needs to grow accordingly. The ideal candidate for this role will be excited to own a world-class, innovative analyst relations program and own and refine key operational processes to ensure that AR plays a pivotal part in shifting market perception of LogicMonitor from an ITIM / Network Monitoring tool to the world’s leading Unified Observability Platform (inclusive of ITIM, Logs, APM and AIOps functionality).
The Director of Analyst Relations role will report to the Senior Director of Global Brand and Communications and sits within the Global Brand & Corporate Communications function within Marketing. An Analyst Relations Manager will report to this Director. The remit of this role includes creating, nurturing, and managing positive relationships with industry analysts, industry influencers, and thought leaders, and serving as a central contact point to educate analysts on company strategy, product updates and the roadmap. In addition to briefings, the ideal candidate will focus on ensuring a two-way flow of information within AR, including taking advantage of analyst inquiries to inform LogicMonitor corporate strategy, future product launches and message development.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
The Director of Analyst Relations’ responsibilities span six strategic areas. The remit of this role includes building and maintaining relationships with key influencers, leading industry analysts, and analyst firms. The AR function is expected to plan, schedule, and manage analyst/influencer activities such as participation in analyst research, conferences, advisory days, briefings, inquiries, and reporting.
- Identify and track relevant analysts
- Monitor analyst research calendars and blogs
- Read research, distribute internally as appropriate, and communicate important takeaways
- Monitor analysts’ upcoming research agendas to influence future work
- Work with Analyst Relations Manager to request and schedule regular briefings and inquiries
- Leverage customers and partners in analyst engagements to drive credibility with top analyst firms.
- Plan and help execute product briefings, demos and analyst presentations, coordinating with product management, product marketing, SMEs and execs
- Take and distribute notes from interactions; coordinate follow-up
- Own Quarterly Analyst Newsletter
- Work with Sales to systematically track pre-Sales analyst-prospect interactions in SFDC; track analyst influence on deals
- Additionally, identify and build relationships with analyst firms that do not have an existing relationship with
- LogicMonitor but are relevant to the industry.
Evaluations (MQs, Waves, etc.)
- Project-manage evaluation process, including working with Customer Marketing / Product to obtain customer references, fact-check, etc.
- Synthesize, edit and submit written responses, working with cross-org stakeholders including Marketing, Finance, CISO, Finance
- Plan and execute live presentations / demos
- Help explain and promote evaluation placements internally to GTM as well as externally (website banner, social media, etc.)
- Help plan and drive analyst attendance to LogicMonitor Level Up Customer conference
- Work with events team on travel / logistics
- Coordinate attendance at analyst-hosted events; circulate notes post-event
- Ensure interactions with key analysts take place at live events; prep execs
- Partner with PR and Digital Marketing to leverage analyst reports and relationships for strategic activities
- Coordinate review / approval cycles with analyst citations departments
- Identify analyst reports to license; help promote
- Partner with PR / Digital Marketing to drive awareness of research inclusions
Analyst Contracts & Licenses
- Manage and negotiate annual research firm subscriptions and seats
- Manage and negotiate report licensing / reprints
- Coordinate delivery of reports, webinars, etc.
- Ensure compliance with subscription / reprint agreements
- Bachelor's Degree Required; Marketing, Analytics or Technology preferred
- 10+ years' experience working with industry analysts and influencers in B2B enterprise software and services
- Existing relationships with key IT analysts within Gartner, Forrester a plus
- Prior experience negotiating contracts with Industry Analyst firms
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Asana and Analyst portals
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.