Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. The Director of Risk Adjustment Analytics will advance the role of analytics as strategic thought partner across the business and will contribute to a culture of theory testing and data-driven decision making. This leader will be responsible for championing the risk adjustment analytics capability roadmap, lead strategic planning to provide the business with meaningful and actionable data-driven insights, and lead/support priority initiatives and answer questions from key stakeholders. The Director of Risk Adjustment Analytics will serve as a business partner for senior leaders both internal and external to Bright Health.
- Oversee a highly skilled technical team that analyzes data to drive risk adjustment analytics for Individual & Family Plans, Medicare Advantage, and other product lines
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and analyze and interpret data to provide insights
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to provide data driven insights regarding risk performance, opportunities, and priorities for performance improvement
- Develop and maintain strategic Risk Adjustment Analytics road map in partnership with Tech, Product, vendors and other Analytics teams to build and deliver best in class tools and capabilities
- Oversee the development and implementation of best in class processes, tools, and capabilities to support data reconciliations to limit data leakage and drive bi-directional gap closure efforts
- Produce clear and concise summaries of analytical findings for easy consumption by a variety of audiences through an assortment of media: presentations, email summaries, executive summaries, and verbal discussions
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Eight (8) or more years of analytics experience required
- Five (5) or more years of health care industry experience required
- Expertise with HHS and/or CMS HCC risk adjustment analytics required
- Experience managing a team and distributing workloads
- Experience with at least one of the following analytic tools: SQL, SAS, DataBricks, or PowerBI
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics-related field or ten (10) or more years of professional experience required. Master’s degree or relevant certification preferred.
- Ability to assemble, analyze, interpret, and present data and complex technical information to
- Ability to plan and execute projects to completion when starting with ambiguity
- Strong organizational, planning and management skills
- Must exercise good judgment in making decisions, and handle stress in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Travel up to 25%
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.