Director, Analytics at Acrisure Innovation (Austin, TX)
Austin,TX or Boston, MA (Hybrid role in-office)
Who We Are
At Acrisure Innovation, we are digitally transforming traditional insurance and financial services distribution by building innovative software and AI solutions.
We operate at the intersection of world-class talent and seasoned industry expertise. We aren’t afraid to challenge conventional wisdom for the benefit of our customers, nor do we think we have all the answers. Our culture values first principles thinking, humility, acting boldly, and fresh perspectives that help us see what others cannot see to transform the industry. We’d like your help.
Acrisure Innovation is seeking a Sr. Director, Analytics to join our growing team. The Sr. Director of Analytics will be an integral lead in building our Digital Data & Analytics practice. This role is tasked with solving our most critical and difficult problems with advanced analytics, provide actionable insights that drive strategies and business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- Drive analytics vision and foster visibility with development of analytics roadmap including timing, deliverables, & KPI’s
- Build dashboards and monitoring tools to manage the digital business; from lead flow through conversion and servicing metrics as well as data from finance and accounting to help guide the digital business strategy of the organization.
- Demonstrate masterful storytelling: mining and synthesizing varied sets of data, displaying data visually and creatively, developing powerful presentations with concise, impactful narratives and timely, actionable learnings tied to business objectives
- Create a streamlined pipeline to data access working closely with Data team; ensure aspects of first party data use and joins to third party data are understood and optimized
- Liaise directly with senior and c-level executives to translate business insights
- to non-technical and technical stakeholders alike
- Create operational consistency and cohesion across analytical workstreams,data sources and departments to help facilitate decision making and alignment.
- Standardize methodological approaches to analytics across tools, dashboards/outputs, products, vendors, and data sources and systems
- Drive innovation with a proactive approach to analytics gathering requirements and assessing needs and gaps across functions and departments; identify, research, and adopt new analytics capabilities and practices
- Assess opportunities for automation of repeatable analytics workstreams considering when analytics as product vs. analytics as service models fit use cases and users
- Actively contribute to advancement of analytic capabilities through thought leadership; seek to share knowledge and expertise with other colleagues and making use of knowledge sharing platforms
Who You Are
A healthy mixture of data enthusiast and business advisor. You come from a data engineering, analytics, BI / Reporting, data warehousing, or ETL background, but your current focus is on cloud data and analytics solutions and leading teams to implement them.
A concise and effective communicator. You can distill complex analysis and concepts into concise takeaways and communicate effectively across all levels and functions.
Deeply Analytical, with strong data knowledge. You are adept at decomposing and solving real world business problems. You are comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to independently delve into the details (advanced knowledge of SQL is a strong plus).
A relationship-builder. Able to build trust quickly with internal stakeholders and customers with a high degree of empathy and a team-first collaborative attitude.
Capable of driving success in any condition. You act like an owner and are independently capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
A many-model thinker. You are an expert at developing and employing structured thought processes and frameworks to solve problems and are low friction in your ability to shift from one framework to the next.
An expert at multi-tasking and prioritization. You enjoy balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Familiarity with advanced analytic research techniques and tools, digital engagement and understanding.
- Expertise in a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative research methods, including, but not limited to: Consumer Segmentation, Consumer Journey
- Mapping, Innovation Insights and Consumer Insights
- Advanced skills in SQL, proficient in a scripting language (Python)
- Big Query experience a plus
- Advanced skills in Data Visualization tools needed (Tableau)
- Proficiency collaborating with teams of data engineers and analysts on large-scale projects
- Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
- Excellent board-room presentation skills and senior stakeholder management
- Leading edge market research tools and methodologies (behavior science, social listening, transactional and panel data, etc.) is a plus
- Passionate about learning new technologies