Director, Business Development - Oncology Data Platform at Invitae
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company driven by the mission to bring comprehensive genetic and clinical information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people. To support this mission, Invitae is looking to add an experienced business development professional to drive the growth of our data platform partnership efforts in the oncology space. Invitae’s data platform is a core part of the company’s strategic growth priorities and we’re looking for teammates to chart the growth trajectory.
The role will identify and pursue partnerships to expand Invitae’s data platform offerings to various stakeholders in the oncology healthcare ecosystem, including biopharma companies, health systems, payers and others. This teammate will be responsible for generating new leads, following up on inbound leads, building relationships with senior leaders at partner organizations, presenting the vision for potential partnerships, drafting contracts, and conducting negotiations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Establishing, building and evolving relationships with senior leaders at partners organizations across the healthcare ecosystem, including biopharma, health systems, payers and others
- Collaborating with Invitae teams including Biopharma Business Development, Health Systems Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Compliance teams to identify, prioritize and execute partnerships
- Leading discussions with senior management at potential customers to understand partner needs, present Invitae’s capabilities, and develop a joint vision of success and deliver a path to execution
- Structuring and negotiating partnership agreements, including in cases where a creative and novel approach is required due to unique client needs
- Supporting development of partnership models and go-to-market strategies based on customer needs, business performance, market dynamics and competitive landscape
- Drafting formal proposals in responses RFPs from potential partners
- 7+ years of experience in relevant business development roles focused on biopharma or data/analytics
- Deep understanding of the oncology drug development process
- Point of view on how real world data can accelerate drug development and precision therapeutics
- Strong executive presence, customer-focused orientation, and exceptional judgment to ensure diverse client needs are addressed amidst an unstructured environment
- Collaborative team member who is eager to work closely with Invitae colleagues Analytical mindset with experience in data analysis, reporting, and identifying the “so what” behind the data
- Experience with conducting negotiations with external partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that enable delivering complex concepts in a simple and compelling way
- Eagerness to explore the scientific, medical and commercial applications of genetic and clinical data
- Comfort operating and thriving in an unstructured and ambiguous environment
- Domain knowledge in genetics is a plus
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
#LI - Remote