Smarter Sorting is looking for a Director of Business Intelligence & Reporting to manage and enhance our customer reporting suite and internal business intelligence hub. The successful candidate will have a firm grasp of Tableau as well as other business intelligence tools. You will be building and enhancing reports for customers that illustrate Smarter Sorting’s ROI to its partners. You’ll also be building KPI reports for internal stakeholders. Within the company, you’ll serve as the Chief Evangelist for using our own data to drive business decisions, by keeping employees informed.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Building out Business Intelligence Suite within Tableau and other tools and sources if necessary for both customers and internal stakeholders
- Ensuring all Business Intelligence tools are optimized for speed, and revamping internal mechanics if needed
- Developing new reporting tools and metrics that show Smarter Sorting’s ROI to both suppliers and retailers
- Serving as Chief Evangelist for internal metrics to help the Smarter Sorting team better understand business health and structure
- Create requirements for ETLs for the ingestion of new data sources and the enhancement of current systems.
- As Smarter Sorting’s product offerings evolve, you’ll work with Data Innovation Team to bring new data representations forward
- As our company grows, you’ll mentor and manage other data analysts or BI team members
- 3+ Years experience as a data or business intelligence analyst
- Experience with Tableau strongly preferred
- SQL experience preferred
- Knowledge of Snowflake a plus
- An understanding of how data represents business flows and activities
- Experience in an agile setting
- Proven “roll up your sleeves and get it done” reputation in previous endeavors
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Experience in B2B / enterprise products and services a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in math or science disciplines preferred
- Learn everything there is to know about our company, our data, our product suite and the needs of the organizations we work with.
- Did we say you’d learn all about our data? You’ll learn all our data, because it is at the center of your role!
- Take over new reporting asks as they come in from our internal teams and customers
- Ask smart questions and demonstrate a clear curiosity of our products
- Independently produce all reporting for customers and internal stakeholders
- Build out a business intelligence framework that includes documentation and internal SLAs for speed an accuracy
- Host internal company-wide meetings to show new reporting and BI capabilities and inform all users of changes
- Send out automated Weekly Intel emails that summarize customer and internal activity
- Work directly with key customers to determine business objectives and use those to drive reporting requirements
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
You choose us not only because this is the role you’ve been waiting for, but also because we are a purpose-driven company committed to our mission. You’ll be joining a group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, recovering consultants and national account program managers whose passion for data-driven sustainability drives us. You choose us because our values resonate with you. At Smarter Sorting this means: We do what it takes. We begin from a position of curiosity. We are driven to become experts. We are real. We have grit. You share our belief that a healthy culture is key to the company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.