We’re looking for a Director, Competitive Intelligence to join our Marketing team. In this role, you’ll utilize SaaS business principles to create an overall strategy and framework for gathering, developing and sharing competitive intelligence that increases market share. You’ll use data gathered through market and field research to drive winning sales plays, marketing campaigns, and product strategies and programs that affect the individual deal level.
If you are a hands on people leader passionate about building a world class team while adding value from the C-suite to the field rep, you’ll arm our sales team with the resources needed to gain a competitive edge and close high value deals.
Your results, effort and learning will help connect our Revenue and Product organizations, accelerating the pace at which Procore makes strategic product and go-to-market decisions. The intelligence gathered in this role is vital to many strategic business decisions across Procore.
This role will report to our Head of Product Marketing and has the opportunity to sit in any of our US offices or remotely within the US.
What you’ll do:
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) on key competitors’ product, business, sales, and marketing strategies; maintain high level of knowledge and awareness at all times, bring relevant competitive moves to the attention of the right individuals across sales, marketing, and product
- Develop competitive sales strategies, manage their execution across sales, and work as the SME alongside AE and SEs in competitive deals
- Partner with sales by participating in team meetings, group sessions, deal reviews, and client-facing competitor reviews
- Execute competitive win/loss reviews with sales/account teams, prospects and customers to ensure clear understanding of competitive dynamics
- Create insightful presentations, content, collateral, talking points, winning themes, key questions, and battle cards to enable sales to effectively compete
- Partner with demand generation and BDR organization to drive competitive campaigns and offers
- Participate in product marketing positioning, messaging and launch processes
- Participate in R&D opportunity analysis and prioritization exercises to influence product direction
- Measure success by tracking win rates against top competitors and ARR influenced in specific competitive deals
- Build and manage a small team as success of the function is proven
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years competitive intelligence experience in a high growth SaaS sales environment
- Team builder and cross functional collaborator with a passion to win
- Master of primary and secondary research techniques
- Exceptional storyteller using multiple sources of data
- Exceptional communication presentation skills up to C-level
- Competitive marketing programs and campaigns expert
- Agile performer motivated by a fast paced environment and the ability to change on of the largest industries on Earth
- Experience successfully building and leading diverse teams
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.