Director of Data & Analytics
AffiniPay’s data team is a critical component of our Product Department which is just beginning to harness the true power of data. As the Director of Data & Analytics, you will not only lead and mentor our existing data team members, but you will also be hands on in the creation of a visualization dashboard that will be crucial to enabling better decision making as well as interface across the entire product team to answer challenging analytical questions, highlighting user insights. This position is a working manager, sharing knowledge and coaching the data team as much as driving assigned projects.
- You will lead and develop effective cross-function-operations of data analysts and closely partner with product and engineering teams to build intelligent and scalable solutions
- You will own our data warehouse strategy and implementation
- You will hire, train, and mentor team members to develop key skills to be productive in a cross-functional environment
- You can partner with leadership team to co-develop vision, strategy, roadmap of AffiniPay’s analytical capabilities into scalable solutions
- You can develop and implement best practices as well as establish and maintain balanced portfolio of projects as well as resources in alignment with strategic organization goals
- You will analyze historical data, defining best practices, and identifying opportunities for optimization
- You will develop rich, interactive visualizations including owning the evolution of our Product Dashboard
- You will perform advanced data transformations in SQL and Excel
- You are experienced using a BI or visualization software (ex. Tableau, Looker, Domo, etc.)
- You have experience with R, Python or other coding languages
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude that is able to drive multiple large initiatives concurrently across cross-functional teams
- Experience building and leading data warehouse build-out initiatives
- A consultative management style that is collaborative, energetic, results-oriented, and innovative
- Experience using a BI or visualization software (ex. Tableau, Looker, Domo, etc.)
- Experience with R, Python or other coding languages
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deliverables by prioritizing accordingly
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field with heavy quantitative coursework. Experience required will vary depending on level of degree held.
About AffiniPay With over a decade of experience as a leader in financial technology, our AffiniPay development team has built a proprietary, end-to-end payment system that is used by tens of thousands of professionals and organizations across a variety of industries. Our robust platform is driving professional practices forward and improving the way that professionals get paid. Additionally, this platform was specifically developed to provide flexible payment integration options for developers in other industries to help them create custom payment solutions, and has been integrated into dozens of software products. We are facing interesting and unique problems as we look to change the professional payment industry.
Affini-Perks! We've got you covered... Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Competitive PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun destination quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to get in on the ground floor of one of Austin's fastest growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.