Director of Digital and Analytics Platform, Traveler
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are seeking an individual to lead our Digital and Analytics Platform team focused on our entire Data Portfolio including Traveler, Supplier, Marketing Performance and Corporate Performance. In this role you and your team are accountable for building the datasets we use from Corporate Analytics and Programmatic Personalization. In this capacity, you will be responsible for leading, managing, mentoring, and evolving extremely talented software engineering teams to deliver game changing solutions.
You must be highly experienced with modern cloud, big data and analytics tools and simultaneously have business acumen to work with our product managers to unlock the value of our data. You should bring an innovative mind, a consistent record of on-time delivery, rigorous analytical skills and a keen eye for simple and elegant technical business solutions.
If you are a true technologist at heart with the ability and business acuity to partner with business and product teams in a way that encourages them to challenge the status quo and provide an inspiring and compelling working environment that allows your teams to push the digital boundaries; read on!
What you’ll do:
- Your teams contribute by:
- Building real-time data graphs using Kafka, K-Streams, Spark and other big data technologies.
- Building analytics datasets and pairing them with the right data discovery UI tools to empower internal customers extract the most value possible from our data.
- Building highly performant APIs that allow our data to be used for programmatic personalization.
- Building feature sets used by our Data Scientists.
- You will lead applications and software engineering to deliver technology solutions in support of business strategy and growth.
- You will own a broad portfolio of technology projects to provide integrated solutions.
- You can recruit, motivate, mentor and lead the application engineering talent.
- Lead with technical expertise in the development of systems and solutions.
- Evolve an agile delivery model.
- Collaborate with product owners and business partners to identify and define the next opportunities and drive a game changing strategy, inspired by technology, to deliver those capabilities.vEffectively fosters relationships with third party vendors and suppliers.
- Understanding of technical architectures, capacity plans, tools requirements, automation plans, and product implementation plans
- Research new tools and technologies for use within the team.
Technologies we use:
- Kafka, K-Streams, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redshift, Druid, Mesos, Java, Python, Node.js, React.js, AWS Cloud
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related area preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in software development and engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading and guiding teams, including developing and implementing processes.
- Experience architecting, building and delivering technology solutions.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies a requirement
- Strong experience and familiarity with processes, tools & technologies such as Kafka, Spark, K-Streams, java, SQL & NoSQL databases, agile project management, AWS and CI/CD.
- Demonstrated success in being a change agent, with a vision to transform internal systems and operations as needed to fully support our internal business users.
- Strong executive presence and leadership resulting in the ability to forge partnerships and drive strong, organization results.
- Ability to plan and lead concurrent tasks, assignments, projects, and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and creatively, learn quickly, and solve complex problems in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Strong organizational, administrative and documentation skills.
- Experienced leader that can lead dynamic teams/portfolios, solve problems and empower employees to achieve success in a fast-paced organization.
- Sales and Customer Support experience is a bonus.
- Experience building graph solutions would be exceptional.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.