Director of Engineering, Data and Experimentation at realtor.com
At realtor.com, we are building products that empower millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify the home buying/selling process, and to help more people achieve the dream of home ownership. To help us achieve this mission, we are looking for a Director of Data & Experimentation Engineering to drive the long-term strategy.
As a part of our team, you’ll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of teammates and leaders, learn and innovate, have a huge impact, and have a great time doing it. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have a desire to grow yourself while making a meaningful impact on our business and users, then make the move!
In this role, you will provide technology leadership, partner closely with company leadership, align roadmaps to business outcomes, and lead a diverse and distributed team of highly-skilled engineers. You’ll be a key member of the Enablement Engineering Leadership team, reporting to the VP of Enablement Eng. This leader will ensure our data engineering and experimentation strategy evolves as our business continues to shift and change. Let’s make a difference, together.
What You'll Do
- Lead engineering teams as we continue to scale, and build a high-performance, world-class engineering organization
- Partner with company leadership to develop a technology strategy that enables our products and user experiences to be more data-driven, experimental, and deeply personalized
- Transform (build/buy/recommend) our technology stack that orchestrates consumer engagement journeys with an eye towards consumer audience acceleration and registration growth
- Be an advocate for our users, and drive innovation in the consumer experience of home shoppers, renters and sellers
- Provide passionate, innovative and inspiring leadership and support for our data and content engineering organization
- Connect an obsession with the consumer to data-driven decision-making and the need for a world-class cloud data platform
- Recruit strong engineering talent that represents the diversity of our audience, with clear and consistent hiring strategies
- Build and maintain a culture of humility, execution excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback
Who You Are
- An analytical and thoughtful leader who leverages data and metrics to drive decision-making
- Have proven experience attracting, retaining, and growing top engineering talent
- Passionate about building and scaling engineering orgs that emphasize an inclusive culture, with teams that are both eager to learn and deeply curious
- Extensive experience with architecture and design of large-scale data platforms, including batch, streaming and real-time data processing.
- Extensive experience with architecture and design of AB frameworks.
- Intimately familiar with streaming data platform technologies - Kafka, AWS Event Bridge, AWS Kinesis, ...
- A highly-collaborative partner, who enjoys working closely with product management, science and analytics teams to align the organization on joint goals
- Have demonstrated experience engaging and influencing leadership and managing stakeholders
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.