RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- to empower the people who power the world. The Engineering team at RigUp leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
As Director of Engineering : Data at RigUp, you will lead engineering teams through the implementation and expansion of the RigUp data platform. The goal of our platform is to make all data at RigUp consistent, compliant, and available at high velocity to all of our functional areas. RigUp is growing rapidly and we need a data platform to build on that will meet our current requirements and anticipate our future needs. You will be building out this cloud-based data platform for our enterprise.
Who You Are
- You’re proficient in multiple programming languages – minimum of SQL and Python
- You have experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP with application development against database systems – including at a minimum RDBMS (Postgres/SqlServer/MySql) and familiarity with NoSQL systems as well (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- You’re proficient with data streaming concepts and technology (Kinesis, Kafka, etc.)
- You’ve built and maintained large Data Lakes and Data Warehouses
- You’ve supported Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Machine Learning requirements
- You understand DevOps culture and process; cloud-based DevOps experience required
What You'll Do
- You’ll ship high-quality software that drives the RigUp business forward
- You’ll drive the tactical implementation of an overarching data architecture vision and strategy to maximize the optimization of our enterprise data asset
- You’ll hire, manage, coach, and mentor engineers on your team
- You’ll lead the selection of PaaS, SaaS and IaaS cloud service providers, and lead the design and implementation of appropriate tools, software and applications to support the larger data platform architecture
- You’ll provide technical expertise and problem-solving capability to individual contributors on your teams
- As a member of the technology leadership team, you’ll implement, teach, and operate software engineering practices
- You’ll operate high-quality, cloud-based data services, ensuring uptime and performance within SLOs
- You’ll ensure that appropriate tools, techniques, and processes are used for development and deployment
- You’ll conduct code reviews, participate in design and architecture discussions, and be responsible for a culture of engineering excellence within your team
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!