Director, Integrated Intelligence at W2O Group
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare.
We are seeking a Director of Research and Analytics to join W2O’s Integrated Intelligence practice. Integrated Intelligence (or I2) is the practice formerly known as Analytics. We changed our name to more closely identify with the innovative work we do beyond just data analysis. We integrate across data sources, functions, methodologies, and technology, and we’re providing intelligence because our data leads to insights and our insights lead to action. And when you put those two things together, we are exponentially better at helping our clients make critical business decisions.
The Director is responsible for managing a growing team of social media research experts to deliver actionable insights and recommendations for top tier pharmaceutical clients. Day-to-day activities include people management, strategic oversight, and client relationship management. This individual is a significant contributor to the overall success of the business as they own multiple large-scale accounts and serve as a thought leader within W2O Group.
Who You Are
- You’re a natural leader, and people rally around you
- You have a passion for telling stories fueled by data and insights
- You understand the intricacies of healthcare or other similarly regulated environments
- You’re excited to grow your people and celebrate their achievements
- You set the standard for delivering value and are motivated to make a positive impact
- You thrive in an environment that requires constant learning and innovation
- You command the room and make decisions with confidence
- You get the importance of staying on top of the details and believe in exceeding expectations when it comes to timeline and budget management
What You’ll Do
- Set direction for the large-scale accounts you run, working confidently with limited supervision and ensuring team is always working proactively to deliver value to clients
- Lead and manage research projects from proposal stage to analytics to client delivery, collaborating with internal and external key stakeholders across each project milestone
- Develop research framework and tell stories across disparate datasets, across paid, earned, shared and owned media
- Review team deliverables, elevating findings into reports that bring a story to life
- Present research reports to clients, coach team members on their presentation skills, and engage as a leader in client meetings
- Manage the professional development of direct reports, providing regular and timely feedback and guidance
- Cultivate strong people managers, including developing basic managerial skills and problem-solving when challenges arise
- Create and nurture long-lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively grow existing business and serve as a strategic partner in successful new business pitches
- Provide guidance on research and analytics methodologies based on client priorities and internal capabilities (primarily for qualitative social listening-based research projects)
- Bring new ideas and approaches to the organization, helping define our research and analytics offerings and contributing as a thought leader
- Interview, train, and onboard new hires and oversee direct reports in completing these activities
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 7 years of experience with majority in at least one of the following areas: healthcare/pharmaceutical marketing/PR/advertising, strategic planning, digital/social strategy, digital/social analytics, social listening, primary/syndicated research, or account management
- 3+ years of team management, including career development and project leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- College degree (BA or equivalent), with relevant concentration such as market research, marketing, communications, or social sciences; Master’s degree a plus.
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents and the Your 4th Trimester™ program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.