Many MongoDB customers use our platform - including the MongoDB database and Atlas Data Lake - to support analytics use cases today. We are expanding our platform to provide our customers a broader set of analytics products, tools and capabilities. This brings the power of the document model, and the ease of use associated with all of our products, to a broader audience of real-time application developers, data engineers and analysts.
We are seeking a senior technical leader with broad experience developing cutting edge products and evolving existing products to join MongoDB as a distinguished engineer for analytics. This position will collaborate closely with product management and other MongoDB engineering leaders to create and execute a cross-product roadmap for analytics at MongoDB. This role can be based out of our NYC office or remotely from anywhere in North America.Position Expectations
- Develop a deep understanding of MongoDB’s current products, development processes and roadmap as prerequisites for shaping future direction
- Be a catalyst for developing a vision, roadmap and implementation plans leading to both near-term and long-term wins for analytics products and services at MongoDB, including Atlas Data Lake, Atlas, MongoDB Server/Serverless, and Realm
- Actively contribute to the code base on Atlas Data Lake and related projects
- Stay abreast of and determine how to leverage existing and emerging database, analytics and machine learning techniques and frameworks in MongoDB’s Atlas platform
- Iteratively develop architectures and systems that meet the test of time, in collaboration with other technical leaders at MongoDB
- Play an influential role driving decisions for technical, business, and organizational issues around analytics
- Help MongoDB develop a world-class competency in analytics and machine learning platforms
- Participate in MongoDB’s collaborative engineering culture, and provide transparency to business and technology leaders on selection and prioritization of capabilities and their progress
- Teach, mentor, grow, and advise other domain experts, individual contributors, and teams in the organization
- Demonstrate curiosity, a positive attitude, and a drive to always learn something new and to share your knowledge and insights
- Build technology and organizational bridges to key organizational partners
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.