Ediscovery Data Operations Specialist at DISCO
As of October 2018, we are now headquartered in Austin, TX where we recently announced another huge round of funding ($83 million) making us one of the fastest growing tech companies in Austin and the most well-funded startup in the Legal Tech Industry.
- Coordinate the processing, loading and exporting of data to and from our ediscovery platform
- Troubleshoot any issues encountered while working with load files, image files, and native files
- Work with ediscovery vendors for such tasks as data collection and data processing; particularly the ability to review work performed, identify problems and work toward resolutions
- Facilitate the administration and tracking of client data and perform periodic audits of the same to ensure that DISCO is in-line with the client’s case requirements and data retention policies
- Accurately log and classify issues to provide complete information for Engineering interventions, product improvements, reporting, and other needs within DISCO
- Analyze and remediate systems or network problems related to DISCO
- Handle multiple projects and priorities and at times under time-sensitive circumstances
- Proactively contribute to improvements in documentation and our product
- Adhere to company policies and procedures for creating, updating and resolving tickets. Proactively monitor open tickets in Salesforce, contact customers and provide updates on a timely basis
- Advise DISCO customers on how to best leverage the tool. This will involve the ability to analyze the client’s needs and determine the appropriate course of action, including identifying opportunities for smart workarounds when necessary
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of DISCO as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal communication
- 4+ years of ediscovery or digital forensics data processing experience with a strong understanding of the ediscovery lifecycle and related data processing standards and concepts, including, without limitation, data processing, data de-duplication, de-nisting, imaging, metadata extraction, load files, and data migration across ediscovery platforms
- Technical troubleshooting skills to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose issues
- Advanced skills in relational databases such as SQL or MS Access
- Advanced skills with Excel (vlookups, macros, etc.). Experience using formulas in Excel to manipulate data
- Knowledge of various data storage methodologies, data collections, data processing and methods of effective electronic production
- Ability to accurately determine the client’s requirements and take ownership of client requests
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in order to interact effectively with coworkers and clients
- Attention to detail, strong organization, and client-service orientation skills
- Bachelor's Degree: in Technology, Business, Legal or related fields; or significant relevant experience
Even Better If You Have...
- Knowledge of EDRM, including the ability to communicate effectively to both technical to non-technical audiences on the life-cycle of litigation information
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with an initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legal tech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K
- Competitive salary, discretionary bonus, and equity
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.