MongoDB Atlas Data Lake (ADL) is a multi-tenant on-demand query processing service that allows users to query data from multiple data sources using the MongoDB Query Language (MQL). The MongoDB ADL Team builds cloud-based distributed systems software and features that enable our users to natively query and analyze data across AWS S3 and MongoDB Atlas in a stable and performant manner. This frees our users to focus on working with the data itself instead of the machinery needed to interact with and maintain it. MongoDB ADL serves some of MongoDB’s largest and most performance critical customers.
Our ongoing work includes improvements in query optimization, planning, execution and performance, distributed systems, and richer query language support. We are a growing team of 10 engineers in our US HQ in New York. We have lots of interesting problems to work on that have a direct impact on users - so we need your help.
Do you enjoy tackling difficult problems in distributed computing and want to lead a team in developing the core technology for a distributed query processing service? If yes, join us! Let’s change what’s possible for application developers, business analysts, and data scientists working with data at scale!Successful candidates will have the following qualities
- Track record in hiring, mentoring and growing strong software engineering teams
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills and desire to collaborate with colleagues, mentor fellow engineers and lead projects
- Solid experience in designing, writing, testing, and maintaining distributed systems and/or data analysis software. Professional or advanced academic expertise in the domains of distributed computing and/or query processing is preferable but not required.
- Professional experience with Azure or GCP Cloud APIs is desirable
- Regardless of prior experience, they are willing, able, and excited to quickly learn new things in the domains of computer science and software engineering. They are curious about how people and organizations use MongoDB, and how MongoDB ADL could be improved to enable more use cases
- Actively participate in hiring for the ADL team
- Lead and grow other engineers to coordinate seamless changes in a feature-rich, large code base
- Work with product managers, program managers, SRE and other teams to specify, prioritize and deliver new features that delight our users
- Estimate task complexity, report progress, and voice risks for projects executed by reports
- Understand and improve current functionality in ADL’s query processing and system stability
- In the first month, you’ll have understood the surface area, the high level architecture of the MongoDB ADL’s query execution architecture and initiated one-on-ones with your team members and have come to understand their work
- In three months, you’ll have contributed to the design and development in Golang of a feature to be released to our customers and also have initiated growth conversations with your team members and begun to understand their longer term career aspirations
- In six months, you will have taken on full responsibility for projects slated for the subsequent quarter of ADL, and come to understand strengths and areas for growth for individuals on your team
- In twelve months, you’ll have led the development of multiple new features and performed a full annual cycle of performance and growth conversations with your team members. Additionally, you’ll have contributed to the vision for the future of the ADL team and helped develop a plan to achieve that vision
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*