Entry-Level Reporting Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX, is looking for an Entry-Level Reporting Specialist to support the Client Success Services team by creating reports and providing analytical insights that speak to the needs of our internal teams. This includes working closely with various managers and directors on understanding their data needs, understanding their processes, analyzing their requests for new metrics or reports, and utilizing the data and tools we have in order to create comprehensive reports that accomplish the departments’ goals.
This role will report directly to the Director of Workforce Management and Analysis. You will generate reports and first-level analysis that allows deeper understanding of historical contact events which can be leveraged for future action. It will be critical that the Reporting Specialist is able to build relationships with internal stakeholders to continuously gain a deeper understanding of the company's data collection and how it can be leveraged for our internal department business needs. The person in this role must also be able to identify and interpret trends and patterns in data-sets to help locate influences that can lead to deliberate future actions.What You’ll Do:
- Work with the various departments under Client Success Services to provide current, as well as new, metrics/reports needed to track and measure performance.
- Translate stakeholder requirements into reporting deliverables.
- Create, generate, maintain, and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc reports ensuring they are published in the appropriate timelines.
- Use internal tools and advanced Excel abilities to build reports and dashboards that satisfy specific predefined requirements.
- Provide the first line of analysis of the reports and charts you build.
- Use our internal ticketing system, JIRA, to create, monitor, and document the status of reporting requests through completion, keeping stakeholders regularly informed of progress.
- Troubleshoot reporting problems and recommend solutions.
- Use Excel and other software for querying, cleansing, standardizing, and analyzing data-sets.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and as part of a team to accomplish reporting goals.
- Identify possible data sources and in collaboration with internal partners, determine appropriate data mappings, queries, and transformation of the data for reporting.
- Regularly verify accuracy of existing reports to ensure they are still correctly reporting the expected results.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience using reporting tools like SQL, PowerBI, etc.
- Ability to self-teach through problem-based learning or experimental learning techniques.
- Self-driven individual with drive and resources to achieve goals independently as well as in teams.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel abilities in creating and maintaining spreadsheets, formulas, and charts.
- Ability to accurately sort and analyze data.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data models and ability to interpret functioning database designs.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills to solve complex data challenges.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and the flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- Strong customer service skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders in various departments.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data models and/or the ability to interpret functioning database designs.
- Willing to learn additional data analytics software to produce unified data sets and reports for analysis using things like Periscope, Redshift, Tableau or other reporting tools the company may adopt.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.