Field Application Scientist, NGS - Northeast at Invitae
Territory: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Field Application Scientist provides support and training on Invitae Research Use Only products. This individual will support business development functions in the achievement of regional sales targets by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Provide high quality post-sales support by training and visiting customers, delivery of email support, and general follow up of customer’s inquiries and/or requests.
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of targeted sequencing methodologies for use in clinical based applications.
- Acquire and maintain scientific and competitive knowledge and market segment view for support of customers, sales and service. Keep up to date with the scientific community in regard to RUO assays currently on the market.
- Provide high quality pre-sales support by giving presentations and demonstrations on Invitae RUO products. Participate in the organization and management of these events as required.
- Work effectively with Sales in regional accounts.
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM related to all technical inquiries from customers. Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues.
- Help develop and maintain FAQs and Knowledge Base related to technical aspects of Invitae RUO products
- Ensure that high value customer collaborations are effectively supported leading to Key Account adoption of the Invitae RUO targeted sequencing technology
- Participate in trade shows as needed. Help find new sales prospects
- Provide technical support for customers, other FAS team members, and marketing and sales personnel.
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Must be able and willing to travel 50-75% to support customers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Located in the following areas: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, or NJ.
- Customer facing experience in genomics in a sales or support role, 1-5 years minimum.
- Laboratory experience to include expertise in basic techniques related to Next Generation Sequencing products and related instruments along with a strong Molecular biology background.
- Ability to cultivate strong and positive relationships both internal and external partners.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Ability to work with other team members to ensure that projects are handle successfully while building positive relationships with others within the company.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills-including being able to articulate the information in a clear and concise manner in both oral and written presentations.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Experience using Google Apps, MS Office, Confluence, Salesforce
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Masters' degree or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Knowledge in cancer biology.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.