Field Benefits Analyst at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Benefits Analyst that will be responsible for overseeing payroll compliance as it relates to employee benefits plans including welfare plans (health, dental, vision, etc.) and 401(K). This role will partner closely with our Payroll Operations, HR Employee Relations, Benefits, Accounting and Legal groups. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who will have benefits and accounting experience at a company with at least 5,000 employees.What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Workforce Benefits team in the administration of employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision plans, life and disability insurance plans, by acting as a liaison with the payroll team and reconciling carrier invoices against payroll records
- Manage catch up premium deductions and repayment plans for employees and audit payroll registers for accuracy in benefits plan deductions
- Providing payroll register reports; support benefit audits by providing payroll data as needed
- Work closely with the Workforce Benefits team to assist with implementation when open enrollment or other events warrant changes to benefits plan
- Ensure payroll system configuration is accurate when open enrollment or plan changes go in to effect by auditing announcement materials, plan summary documents, and communication plans to employees against the payroll configuration
- Act as a subject matter expert for escalation of employee benefits inquiries and complaints regarding payment plans and deductions
- 5+ years of experience with benefits administration and/or payroll experience
- Ability to manage and collaborate with 3rd party providers
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing ability
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- A high level of independence as demonstrated through clear problem solving skills, effective process evaluation, and delivery of high quality work
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities
- Lead and collaborate with cross functional business partners on discussions and initiatives
- Provide insights for improvement and decision making
- Partner with payroll, accounting, etc to coordinate audit activities and other payroll requirements
- Payroll experience in a high-volume environment
- Knowledge of payroll and tax compliance
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!