Go Engineer, Database Experience at MongoDB (Remote)
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Database Experience Team builds the libraries and tools that developers use day-to-day working with MongoDB. Our mission is to increase developer adoption and satisfaction by providing a reliable, enjoyable interface for developers and other end-users.
Our engineers are typically specialists in a particular programming language, but are capable of contributing to projects in other languages as well.
For this role, we're looking for someone who will enjoy designing, writing, and supporting Open Source libraries and tools for Go developers that use MongoDB.You might be right for this role if you
- Have 3+ years of demonstrable experience writing high-quality software in Go
- Have deep knowledge of the Go ecosystem, especially with regard to building high-performance database applications
- Are fascinated by issues arising due to concurrency and parallelism
- Have participated in Open Source software development and/or communities
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability and delivery time
- Communicate well, internally and externally, both in writing and face-to-face
- Lift the skills and expertise of those around you
- Are excited by our mission and values
- Developing and supporting the MongoDB Go driver, collaborating with peers in our distributed world-wide engineering team
- Investigating bugs and support requests from commercial and Open Source customers for the libraries and tools our team maintains
- Mentoring junior engineers, in both technical and non-technical professional skills
- Working with our Product and Server teams on designs and specifications for new customer-facing MongoDB features
- Within three months, you will be contributing effectively day-to-day, fixing bugs, and implementing already-planned features
- Within six months, we will look for you to contribute to the roadmap for our products and lead the design and specification of new features; you'll have the trust of the team and our internal customers
- Within a year, you'll have delivered several new releases of our software, will have significantly improved the quality, performance and maintainability of our codebase, and will be taking the lead in designing new features to solve novel customer challenges
This role can be based out of our New York office or remotely in the North American region.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.