Head of Product Analytics at Fivestars
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars facilitates over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Head of Product Analytics who is excited to coach a team of product analysts and empower them to influence the product strategy and tactics. The ideal candidate approaches her craft with the humility that comes with an understanding of the limitations of data and the passion that comes with a heart for the user.
The candidate will bring a depth of functional and subject matter (SMB & consumer) experience with a proven track record driving meaningful product wins through insights & influence.
Upon coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing, and learning. You will be part of a group of highly collaborative, iterative, non-political, and curious makers excited by creating new and innovative solutions to our user’s problems.
- Manage and mentor a team of product analysts & data scientists
- Use well-communicated data to influence the executive team and product leadership
- Scope, prioritize and execute analysis requests and questions across departments
- Use predictive modeling to advance our understanding of sales conversion, user churn, and merchant satisfaction
- Build an analytic framework to understand user engagement and how product initiatives impact engagement and growth
- Working with engineering, document and communicate requirements for data infrastructure and ETL processes to make product analytics accurate and efficient
- Track record of driving cross-functional influence
- 5 to 10 years of experience and evidence of growing scope and influence
- Three years of building, managing, and mentoring teams.
- Experience with A/B testing; cohort rollout monitoring
- Expert proficiency with SQL and Tableau
- Proficiency with Python (to evaluate and guide data engineering deliverables)
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools like SciPy/NumPy and/or R
- Experience with machine learning and advanced statistical methods
- Experience with data platforms like Treasure Data, Redshift, & Salesforce a plus
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Experience with SaaS businesses a plus
- Experience with Data instrumentation design a plus
- Undergraduate degree in a highly quantitative/technical field (e.g., Physics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.)
- Graduate degree (MS, MBA, Ph.D., etc.) in a similar field will be highly valued but is not required