Information Security Analyst at Episode Six (Austin, TX or Remote)
How do you want to pay? It’s a question you’ve answered on-screen or in-person thousands of times, but your choices have always been limited. Imagine the flexibility to pay however you want – credit, debit, multiple currencies, frequent flyer miles, loyalty points, or digital payments - all on the same card or digital wallet. Sound impossible? Episode Six makes the seemingly impossible happen every day.
We’re a global provider of API-based payment processing and wallet management infrastructure. We’re 100% cloud-native, hyper-configurable, and a “Top 10 Place to Work in Fintech.” And we’re changing how people think about payments.
Today, we’re powering payments for one of the world’s largest banks and airlines and numerous innovative fintechs. E6 is headquartered in Austin with offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Brisbane, and London. We provide technology for clients in 24 countries on four continents. Since 2018 when we launched with HSBC, we have grown more than 10x.
Interested in redefining what’s possible in payments? Join Episode Six today.
What we’re hiring for:
We are a growing fintech organization looking to add a Information Security Analyst for our Security Team.
The Information Security Analyst is a hands-on information security position, working in a security sensitive, hybrid cloud environment. It requires configuring and using security tools, performing day-to-day security operations, maintaining documentation, and working with internal and external parties.
Strong candidates bring an understanding of common technical security controls and how they are applied to ensure the ongoing security of critical assets in a 24/7 environment.
What you’ll be responsible for in this role:
- Maintain critical security infrastructure technologies, including NIDS/HIDS, IPS, and vulnerability scanning
- Perform routine security log reviews for all environments, including production, DR, development and corporate
- As needed, perform policy compliance reviews of critical infrastructure, including account management, patching, firewall rules, etc.
- Work as necessary with various parties including internal users, clients, and auditors
- Participate in infrastructure design reviews and change management process
- Assist with maintaining security documentation including policies, procedures, and configuration standards
- Perform user training
- Occasional out-of-hours work is required
What experiences and skills are necessary to be successful in this role:
- 3+ year’s experience with a primary focus in Information Security
- Formal security certification, or working towards certification
- Good understanding of security capabilities available in Linux, Windows, and AWS Cloud Computing environments
- Good understanding of network security tools such as firewalls and NIDS
- Security experience working in Hybrid Cloud environments
- Previous security work with PCI DSS compliant environment
What makes a successful E6er?
- We appreciate the unique backgrounds, skill sets, experiences, and contributions each E6er brings. With a strong culture of respect for all, we foster an inclusive and supportive environment for every E6er to excel and grow.
- We take immense pride in everything we do, no matter how big or small. We work hard, we work smart, and we sweat the details. We are humble enough to know that we do not know it all. We are excited to come to work every day, knowing we will be learning, improving, innovating, and making an impact.
- A people first mentality. From professional development on day 1 to a 360 focus on your wellbeing, and the ability to work where you need to, we’re here to support you.