Intelligence Analyst - Japanese Linguist at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking an Intelligence Analyst with Japanese language skills and knowledge of Japan’s current political and transnational issues, to conduct analysis of targeted intrusion-focused cyber actors with relevance to Japan. This position serves as an important role dedicated to analyzing and producing finished intelligence reports on actors, adversaries, geopolitical developments, and transitional issues surrounding Japan. It also serves as an important role providing geopolitical context supporting the technical analysis of campaigns and threat data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify current and emerging cyber threats and trends on a variety of pre-determined cyber security topics by researching & analyzing raw intelligence that includes some technical information.
- Research, assess, and report on threat actor and adversary capabilities and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Research, analyze, and compose reports, including threat estimates, related to Japanese geopolitical, cyber security, and transnational events/issues.
- Conduct and report trend/correlation analysis and scenario forecasting at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Collaborate with different teams within the Intelligence team and/or larger CrowdStrike organization, to provide regional expertise and analysis to various types of reporting.
- 2+ years’ experience in researching cyber threat actors in an intelligence reporting environment, creating finished intelligence products that range from brief, quick-turn around warning products to in-depth strategic products.
- Ability to understand Japanese with high proficiency, particularly reading. Understanding of Japanese internet slang, a plus.
- Experience researching, assessing, and writing finished intelligence reporting on cyber threat actors, and patriotic hacktivist actors supporting government objectives.
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts (in English) verbally, graphically, and in writing. Excellent writing skills are mandatory.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research/collection skills and analytic tradecraft methods.
- Understanding of current geopolitical and transnational events and issues surrounding Japan.
- General understanding of technical terminology and tactics employed by cyber threat actors.
- Ability to vet open-source regional media sources.
- 4+ years’ experience working with a team that tracks, researches and reports on network intrusion campaigns targeting a wide variety of customers.
- Additional languages from the Asia Pacific or Southeast Asian region a plus (Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Malaysian, Indonesian etc.), however, Japanese is required.
- Ability to utilize i2, or similar link-analysis tools to create both working-level and presentation-grade visualization charts.
- Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in cyber intelligence, general intelligence studies, or security studies.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
- Formal language training or native language knowledge resulting in high proficiency, especially for reading, is required.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.