Item Compliance Associate Analyst at Whole Foods Market
This position is an integral part the Compliance team which supports WFM’s suppliers ensuring they are compliant with food safety and quality standards requirements. This position provides a review of all documentation submitted by the supplier to support their eligibility to meet WFM and regulatory compliance related requirements. This team member may be focused in specific product category but will also have a general understanding and training of other product category requirements for our suppliers. This team member performs data entry and administrative tasks to ensure the supplier compliance data is ready for Supplier Quality Assurance or the Quality Standards team to review. This position is responsible for keeping the supplier compliance application up to date with detailed food safety and quality standards compliance related notes.Major Job Responsibilities:
- Review compliance documentation provided by the supplier to ensure they meet the requirements for food safety and quality standards. Document any missing information or areas where additional support documentation is needed.
- Participates in the product compliance reviews and approval process, with special attention to WFM quality standards, Federal and state regulations, including USDA label documentation, if necessary.
- Reviews audits and corrective action plans for facilities for basic adherence and escalates to Supplier Quality Assurance, when appropriate.
- Works with the suppliers, as required, to clarify and ensure adherence to WFM’s established product compliance and technical guidance
- Ensures supplier understanding of technical guidance and addresses and resolves areas out of compliance.
- Engages with third-party partners and other stakeholders to stay abreast of regulatory changes, best practices and industry trends.
- Identifies and recommends areas for business process improvement, engaging with appropriate stakeholders to implement; ensures preparation of supporting documentation.
- Works with the vendors, as required, to clarify and ensure adherence to WFM’s established product compliance and technical guidance
Must Haves (Knowledge and Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 0-2 years relevant functional experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills Moderate to high degree of technical aptitude; understand functional technical problems and concepts and apply to system functionality for resolutions.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to handle confidential information.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in the use of the FoodLogiQ software application.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
- Strong understanding of quality standards and WFM requirements.
- Working knowledge of food labeling and FDA / USDA regulations.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.