BlackLocus is an innovation lab operating within The Home Depot, the top home improvement retailer in the world. To stay ahead of the curve, The Home Depot is making a substantial investment in data science, innovation, technology, and design.
At BlackLocus, we collaborate with smart and diverse minds to explore exciting opportunities in the rapidly transforming retail space. We approach problem-solving holistically, integrating our research and knowledge of customer motivations and buying habits with scalable technology.
Retail is going through an enormous transition where Big Data plays an increasingly prominent role. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking the solution from concept to final prototype to help The Home Depot navigate the changing retail landscape. We are looking to take analysis and modeling to the next level. The vision for this role is to lead a team and leverage statistical modeling and machine learning techniques to conceptualize, implement, and execute scientific solutions from the ground up, employing techniques and methods that are appropriate, effective, and leading-edge across the retail industry to drive business decision making.
- Lead and mentor a team of talented data scientists to deliver advanced analytics solutions
- Design analytic solutions leveraging advanced statistical modeling and optimization that are best suited to solve the business problems
- Communicate timely and effectively to all team members
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering team to develop scalable intelligent solutions to drive business impact
- Stay current with advancements in optimization, statistical modeling, programming techniques and advocate them where appropriate
The primary requirement for this role is both a technical leader and people manager, with expertise in data science and business applications. The candidates for this position need to drive the end-to-end solutions from defining business problems to developing an intelligent solution.
- Ph.D. or Masters degree with 5+ years experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Machine Learning, or related discipline
- Experience managing a team of data scientists
- Expert knowledge of R, Python or other statistical computing programming languages
- Strong communication and presentation skills with business stakeholders and technical teams
- Experience in marketing analytics or web analytics
- Experience in Cloud Platform analytics technologies
- Experience working cross-functionally with product and engineering teams
- Consulting experience
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BlackLocus and The Home Depot are Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employers. Available positions may vary by location. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. ©2005-2019 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. All rights reserved. Know your rights. Click here to view Federal labor law posters.