Lead Process Improvement Analyst at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Lead Process Improvement Analyst is a critical part of the Bright Health Plan Operations team and is responsible for supporting business process improvement initiatives that enable Bright Health Plan’s critical business objectives and priorities. The position will provide support to multiple cross-functional initiatives and teams and will work with business and functional owners across the organization to implement change. The role will create reporting methods to drive measurement of business effectiveness, research business processes, practices, and analyze process data to develop and implement sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable operational and strategic process improvements. The position is responsible for transforming and in some cases assisting in establishing initial business processes across multiple markets, lines of business (Individual and Family Plans, Medicare Advantage and Employer) and functional areas (clinical, network, operations, member and provider services, etc).
The Lead Process Improvement Analyst job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Contribute to the development of a Bright Health Plan process to identify and prioritize business process improvement opportunities across all BHP departments, Lines of Business and Markets that will a) reduce medical costs, b) reduce administrative costs and/or c) increase revenue.
- Support cross-functional efforts to establish business processes, including roles & responsibilities for key business processes in newly established operations.
- Support cross-functional efforts to document current business processes, identify gaps, recommend solutions and implement changes in areas that will enable Bright to meet its critical business objectives.
- Establish Consistent reporting methods for tracking success, timeliness and financial results of process improvement initiatives
- Become a trusted advisor within Bright Health Plan by educating Lines of Business and Functional areas on process improvement opportunities and benefits to both internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five (5) or more years health plan operations/recoveries, and business process improvement experience from ideation to execution required.
- Three (3) or more years of project/program management experience required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point required
- Formal Six Sigma, LEAN or other process improvement methodology training with a Green Belt level certification required.
- Previous health plan operations/recoveries experience, preferably in two or more of the following areas: operations, process improvement and/or project management
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal and external teams to effectively design solutions that meet the business needs
- Experience and strong influential skills to influence cross-functional, virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and identify regulatory and implementation risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Ability to perform critical analysis of business problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Ability to effectively engage and interact with internal sponsors and business leaders
- Advanced time management, project management, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
The majority of work responsibilities are performed remotely. Occasional work will be performed at an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.