BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is a cloud e-commerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. We are listed as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin. Our story is one of global growth and passion in all we do. Despite our huge success so far, we’re still just getting started!
We are seeking an experienced Strategy & Operations Lead with deep analytical expertise and strong executive and interpersonal skills to develop collaborative growth strategies and drive operational improvements across the business. This role will work closely with executive leadership to quantify growth opportunities and help guide our data-driven decision making.What You’ll Do:
- Establish a trusted relationship with leaders throughout the company, serving as a subject matter expert in understanding key challenges and business opportunities, as well as providing insightful recommendations in a fast paced environment
- Use systems thinking frameworks to transform and analyze business processes that require highly cross-functional collaboration and especially strong eye for business
- Use program management skills to build and drive comprehensive change management partnering with business leaders and various stakeholders - including building out RASCIs for different strategic initiatives, GTM trackers, GANTT charts, project schedules, RAID logs
- Perform data/statistical and economic analysis for ad-hoc analysis or for building business cases for incremental investments. Demonstrate capacity to get your own data, analyze using SQL and Tableau and incorporate into economic analysis
- Constantly identify and mitigate risks in schedule, scope, and resources while balancing opposing priorities across multiple central initiatives
- Partner with the Analytics team to develop data insights then translate and communicate actionable takeaways for cross-functional teams.
- 8+ years experience in a highly analytical environment - top notch management consulting, corporate development, strategic planning, business operations, organizational change roles and/or in a fast paced role that requires program management, modeling and strategic analysis
- Prior work experience in SaaS technology/eCommerce companies is a strong plus
- Strong track record of driving comprehensive advanced analyses, partner management, working in cross-functional teams across communicating efficiently with all levels of the organization
- Comfortable working autonomously and leading change in a highly ambiguous environment
- Experience with data exploration and analysis in Tableau, Looker preferred. Expert in SQL query writing for data exploration required
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM/Economics/Finance/Business Administration degree or equivalent, relevant work experience is required. MBA is a plus, not required
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical models and techniques to business problems
- Driven, curious, and quick to absorb information; comfortable at independently solving problems despite ambiguity
Greatness is inherent in all people; this is a fact to us here at BigCommerce.
No matter your background or personal experiences, we strive to ensure every individual has an equal opportunity to grow - and to smash the limits of your potential!
Health benefits begin day one, and we have award-winning Perks and Benefits, such as:
Open Vacation Policy
Paid volunteer time
Paid parental leave and newborn child sick leave
Ongoing training and development
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.