Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. The Analytics Manager will advance the role of analytics as strategic thought partner across the business and will contribute to a culture of theory testing and data-driven decision making. The Analytics Manager will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ to understand business questions, develop ways to answer those questions, and communicate answers to stakeholders. The Analytics Manager will partner with the Medical Cost Management team in support of cost containment activities.
The Analytics Manager job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Lead a highly skilled technical team that analyzes data to drive analytics related to medical cost management.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders across the organization to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and deliver analytics to meet those needs.
- Develop methods and reporting assets to improve efficiency of identifying, quantifying, and monitoring cost containment strategies.
- Communicate complex concepts to non-technical business stakeholders across the entire analytic cycle, from question identification through results interpretation, and including communication about data integrity.
- Partner with Analytics leadership and team members to create an integrated analytics program leveraging consistent methodologies and deliverable.
- Develop short-term, quick-win functionality as well as longer-term, deeply analytic research capabilities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position will have supervisory responsibilities for the Analytics function.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a health care or related analytics field required.
- High School diploma/GED and equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in analytics related field preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading analytics projects, developing roadmaps and mentoring analysts required
- Advanced level of expertise with business intelligence tools, including SQL, SAS, Power BI and/or Tableau required.
- Experience with medical cost containment strategies strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead and mentor a highly skilled team
- Expertise in analytics, statistics, data visualization, or programming
- Ability to frame an analysis from end-to-end in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Experience with health care data required
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.