Manager, Analytics at A Cloud Guru
STRATEGIC | DATA GURU| TRAINING
As the Manager, Go-to-Market Analytics, you will guide strategic projects, engage with departmental heads and prioritize analytical work for our Go-to-Market teams at A Cloud Guru. Your role will involve hiring and managing a fast growing team of analysts, building data products, and working with our operations team to ensure accurate and effective delivery. The ideal candidate is able to understand and speak to Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience data as these will be your primary stakeholder groups. If you think about data as a product, enjoy building and mentoring analysts and teams, and deliver excellent and accurate analyses to stakeholders then this role is for you.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
At ACG, you have the chance to help people change the trajectory of their lives. The chance to create the learning that helps businesses stay in business. The chance to teach the WORLD to cloud, all while working some magic for your own career along the way. We believe people can seriously change their lives by learning new tech skills — and that learning doesn’t have to be boring. That's why we make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. 2 million down, 7 billion (give or take) to go.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity. Who we work with is as important as what we do.What makes the Business Operations team awesome...
We’re the brainy bunch of number-crunchers and magic-makers that have real influence over the direction of the company. Our to-do list is big, and so is our to-learn list. We use cutting-edge tools and fresh approaches to tackle colossal challenges. We are very close with our business partners. They truly value our teams' work and trust us to help guide them with data and insights.
We’re deeply involved with the departments we support. We become extensions of the team. Partners. We don't just pull reports and analyze data. We’re involved contributors who participate and care about the departments we support. – Meredith, Meditation Guru (and Sales Enablement Lead)As an Analytics Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Build out a data product for high performing teams at a fast growing start-up
- Bring your expertise with sales, customer experience, and marketing data tools to build amazing stories and insights for our internal teams
- Work with awesome tech including Looker, AWS, DBT, Marketo, Zendesk, Salesforce and more
- Use customer data to make behavioral insights available to our company
- Manage delivery of high impact projects across our Sales, Customer Experience and Marketing teams
- Grow and up-level a team of analysts
- Show the ROI and importance of our product to our customers based on usage and interactions with our platform
- Work closely with our product team, analysts, and data engineers to implement new data sources in a structure that’s useful for business teams
- Identify the compelling trends across disparate sources of product usage data, Salesforce, and other sources
- Effectively prioritize requests from stakeholders to provide predictable and quality delivery
- Work through requirements to find the core of the requests and build them into a polished and usable reporting and insights suite
- Proactively seek out new stories and data to build into our delivery process
- Work through SQL, visualization layers, and spreadsheets with no hesitation, it’s not the tool that matters it’s picking the right one to get the job done
- Treat data as a product to deliver on a holistic vision of a reporting, alerting, and business value add suite of tools
- Understand complex analytical models and topics and relay them to business users in a consumable non-technical way
- Manage iteration of long-term, high impact projects that move ad-hoc data processes into data as a product
- Hire, teach and enable a team of high performing analytics professionals
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 7+ Years of analytics experience
- 4+ years of experience working with sales, marketing, or customer success teams
- 2+ years of direct management/people management experience
- 1+ years of experience using Python
- Experience working directly with database technology (Snowflake, Redshift) and a BI tool (Looker, Tableau, Periscope, etc.)
- Familiar with salesforce API data output and troubleshooting and making useful CRM systems using documentation and subject matter experts
- Experience and passion telling stories through data
- Experience using data to show ROI
- Excellent presentation, critical thinking, and time management skills
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.